CHAUNCEY CHAT (QUARANTINE EDITION) ELEVEN QUESTIONS WITH SENERIO BAPTISTE
So during this quarantine, we decided to resurrect our Chauncey Chat series and feature short and sassy interviews with nightlife personalities and local artists in the NYC area and beyond. Being a performer or an artist is especially trifling during a lockdown and we are here to find out what happens when you force a creative person to stay home. Let’s see what is happening with our next specimen in our second installment of CHAUNCEY CHAT : ELEVEN QUESTIONS (QUARANTINE EDITION) on The House Of Dandridge!
STATE YOUR NAME AND OCCUPATION
Senerio Baptiste. Music Artist and Creator
1. WHERE DO YOU ALL HOME AND HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN SELF QUARANTINING?
I live in Bushwick. Been quarantining since mid March.
2. HOW HAVE YOU BEEN PASSING THE TIME SO FAR? HAVE YOU BEEN CREATIVE?
I’ve actually been getting very creative and thinking of new show ideas. I released season two of Fries Race, a stupid little comic book style show about which fries are the best. I released that on my IG story. Right now, I’m recording a lot of music. Thank God I have a home studio and can record myself. It’s been a great time for me to catch up on all my creative projects.
3. HAVE YOU SET ANY GOALS FOR PROJECTS OR ARTISTIC ENDEAVORS WHILE YOU’RE IN QUARANTINE? IF SO, WOULD YOU LIKE TO SHARE THEM OR ARE THEY A SECRET?
Yes. Def plan to release new music in April and May. Also, have a few show concepts I’ll be pursuing with some great collaborators in the NY scene.
4. DO YOU FIND YOURSELF DOING THINGS THAT YOU NEVER THOUGHT YOU WOULD SINCE YOU HAVE SO MUCH FREE TIME?
I’ve been cooking a lot more than usual since quarantine. And I’ve become more hygienic. All good things at the moment, as far as my quarantine habits go.
5. ARE THERE ANY FRIENDS OR PEERS THAT HAVE BEEN ACTIVE ONLINE WITH SOME SORT OF CREATIVE OUTPUT YOU’VE BEEN KEEPING AN EYE ON? IF SO, TELL US ABOUT THEM AND WHAT YOU LIKE ABOUT THEM.
Felix And The Future has this weekly live show he does called “Felix Funhouse”. He’s such a weird and eerie character as it is, so it’s been fun watching him. I plan to be a guest on one of these shows. Mocha Lite and Misty Meaner have “Sorry I’ve Been Drinking”. Fucking hilarious. Novaczar singing tunes puts me in a good mood. And my baby J Clef always playing the jams for me with his DJ sessions.
AND NOW FOR THE MEATIER MORE PERSONAL QUESTIONS…
6. WHAT HAS BEEN YOUR GOTO SNACK OR MEAL THAT YOU’VE BEEN ENJOYING SINCE YOU’VE BEEN ON LOCKDOWN? ARE YOU A COOK OR ARE YOU DEPENDENT ON THE GRACE OF YOUR DELIVERY GUYS TO BRING YOU FOOD?
I love cooking anything with ground beef or grill chicken breast. Cereal has been my quarantine lover. And I can’t resist honey buns and those small pecan pies. I’m clearly never losing weight.
7. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU SHOWERED AND GOT DRESSED?
Haha. I still shower every day. Speaking of showering. My hands have become so dry from washing my hands almost every other hour or half-hour.
8. HOW MANY PEOPLE HAVE YOU SENT NAKED SELFIES TO SINCE YOU’VE BEEN IN LOCKDOWN?
Oh my gosh. I’ve become so lustful. The dick inquiries are at an all-time high. But there’s this private group on FB where I’ve been connecting with other thots. And that’s def keeping me occupied.
9. IF THE QUARANTINE ENDED TOMORROW, WHERE WOULD BE THE FIRST PLACE YOU WOULD GO AND WHAT WOULD YOU DO THERE?
Macri Park to see my family. Then Metropolitan Bar. I would hang there the whole day, to be honest. There doesn’t even need to be a show going on. Anyone could just get on stage and I’ll tip them.
10. WHAT HAS BEEN YOUR MOST EMBARRASSING GUILTY PLEASURE SO FAR?
Porn. But that’s always my guilty pleasure.
11. A LOT OF PEOPLE ARE EXPRESSING THEIR ANXIETY AND FRUSTRATIONS AND SHARING LOTS OF BAD NEWS AND CONSPIRACY THEORIES ON SOCIAL MEDIA. ARE YOU FREAKING OUT LIKE A LOT OF PEOPLE OUT THERE ARE OR ARE YOU COOL, CALM AND COLLECTED AND OPTIMISTIC ABOUT THE FUTURE?
No. Because I’m sure this will pass. I’m just not sure how though. Cause we address this pandemic too late. I’ve been pretty calm cause I haven’t brought anyone to my house like that. And I’m not going out to meet strangers for hookups. Also, I’m just focused on my health, my art, and my family right now. So this has been very relaxed for me so far.